General dentistry is comprehensive dental care designed to help patients retain natural teeth, repair teeth, treat gum conditions, and replace missing teeth after tooth loss or an extraction.
Preventive and diagnostic dentistry is the foundation of the clinical care we provide at CDK Dental. By maintaining regular dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants and diagnostic x-rays, we are better able to diagnose dental conditions in the earliest stage when they are less complex.
Gum disease occurs when an infection develops in your gum tissue, creating inflammation and pocketing between teeth and gums. As with other inflammatory diseases, gum disease can negatively impact overall health.
Our hygienist assesses each patient's gum health on a case-by-case basis and will organise a treatment plan designed to improve periodontal health.
Restorative dentistry repairs and protects teeth after they sustain damage from decay, fracture or trauma. We also use restorative treatments in cosmetic dentistry cases to improve the appearance of teeth. Fillings, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays and veneers are all restorative treatments.
Tooth restoration treatment includes:
- Replacing missing teeth
- Repairing missing parts of the tooth structure
- Filling tooth decay
- Repairing deterioration of previous restoration treatment
- Repairing fractures
We offer custom restorations to address decay and fractured teeth. Inlay fillings and only fillings are the most common. We use either tooth-coloured plastic or porcelain materials for this purpose.
The Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
In some cases, inlays and onlays are deemed a conservative alternative to full coverage dental crowns. They can provide:
- A well-fitted, stronger, longer-lasting reparative solution to tooth decay and similar damage
- Benefits from an aesthetic and functional point of view
Inlays and onlays are fabricated indirectly through the use of CEREC or by our partner dental laboratory, Aceram. They are then fitted and bonded to the tooth by Dr Chris Karikios, unlike a normal dental filling, which is moulded into place during a dental visit.
Other benefits include:
- A superior fit
- Matching tooth colour – they boost aesthetic longevity with minimal discolouration
- Tooth structure safeguard – they ensure functional longevity
- Easy tooth cleaning – they are tailored to fit with no shrinkage, a problem faced with composite fillings
- Strength and stability – they can actually straighten a damaged tooth
Inlays bond within the centre of the tooth, whereas onlays may replace one or more cusps (points) of the tooth or full coverage of the biting surface.
Dentures and Partial Dentures
Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth.
- Complete dentures completely replace teeth on the upper or lower arch.
- Partial dentures replace missing teeth when the patient still has some remaining teeth by clasping on to natural teeth.
Aceram is our in-house dental laboratory partner. They are conveniently located on the same floor as CDK Dental. This opportunity ensures that we can produce these appliances as quickly and as seamlessly as possible.
Dental implants provide a long-term stable solution to missing teeth. By fusing to your jaw bone, they prevent slipping, which is a common concern with dentures. Dental implants can also be used in conjunction with dentures and bridges to add stability to dentistry.
Is It Time for Your Next Dental Appointment?
We always welcome new patients. Give our Sydney dental clinic a call to arrange an appointment or for any enquiries about the scope of services we offer.